It’s no secret I LOVE FILSON ALASKAN GUIDE SHIRTS!, They are part of my wardrobe in all but the hottest weather. The Alaskan Guide Shirts are premium quality, warm, heavy, well fitting and look great. They are the way flannel shirts were made in my grandfathers day.
The shirts also get a lot of comments when I wear them. In fact on two occasions I gave strangers the shirt off my back so they could experience the Filson quality. We are talking $125 shirts here but it’s worth it to share the Filson experience with my fellow man.
Well today I received an email from Filson that the Smokey Bear Collection is coming soon. Naturally I’m very excited at the prospect.
Filson Smokey Bear Collection
Not sure if the younger generation knows who Smokey the Bear was so if you don’t know read this and learn. For my generation and the generation before Smokey Bear was was an icon. There were signs, billboards and his television commercials would air from Saturday morning cartoons to evening sitcoms with the message “Only you can prevent forest fires”. Seeing Filson bring his message to life on a premium line of look good, fit good outdoor themed clothing is very exciting to me. Currently the Filson website lists the Smokey Bear Collection as “coming soon” (August 10) but you can sign up to be notified of availability here on the individual Filson product pages.
Below is a list of the items I plan on buying in order if they are available at once. There’s other shirts and collectibles that would make great gifts.
If I sound excited I am! On August 10, 2019 I might just have to take the train to the New York City flagship location to see the entire line for myself and celebrate Smokey Bear’s 75th birthday.
Tip your cap to 75 years of wildfire prevention with the limited-edition Smokey Bear Cap. Constructed from sturdy 100% cotton bull denim twill, this classic 6-panel design features a felt Smokey Bear patch and adjustable leather back strap.
- Officially-licensed Smokey image
- 6-panel crown design
- Sturdy bull denim twill is piece dyed for solid coloring
- Embroidered ventilation grommets
- Adjustable leather back-strap with custom Filson buckle
- Pre-curved brim
Ready to wear around camp, the Smokey Bear Camp Shirt will keep Smokey’s wildfire prevention message front of mind. Made with a sturdy, mid-weight 5-oz. cotton, it’s ready to withstand the wear and tear of heavy field use. Features a button-front and custom Smokey Bear graphics.
- Officially-licensed images of Smokey Bear and his wildfire-prevention message
- Mid-weight 5.3-oz. 100% cotton
- Button front
- Camp collar naturally lies flat and open for maximum airflow
- Straight hem for untucked wear
- Machine washable
A tribute to Smokey’s 75 years of vigilance, the heavyweight Smokey Bear Pullover Sweatshirt will keep you warm year round. Constructed from tough, durable 15.3-oz. 100% cotton fleece, it features archival Smokey Bear graphics on the chest and back. Limited Edition.
- Made with burly 100% cotton fleece
- Officially-licensed Smokey Bear images
- A continuation of Filson’s commitment to support the U.S. Forest Service
- Draw cord-adjustable hood
- Discharge-ink printing
- Center-front kangaroo patch pocket
Show some love for one of America’s most symbolic icons with the Smokey Bear Boxers. Constructed from mid-weight 5.3-oz brushed cotton twill to be warm and comfortable. Features a durable elastic waistband and single-button fly.
- Mid-weight 5.3-oz. cotton twill is brushed for comfort
- Single-button fly
- Elastic waistband
- Officially licensed Smokey Bear image
- Limited edition; limited quantities available
Filson Smokey Bear Collection Apparel
Honor Smokey Bear’s 75th anniversary as the U.S. Forest Service’s symbol of wildfire prevention with the Smokey Bear Blanket. Custom-made for Filson by Oregon’s iconic Pendleton Woolen Mills, it features a wool/cotton blend for durability and warmth, with whip-stitched edges to make sure it doesn’t fray. Made in the USA.
- 82% wool/18% cotton blend is napped for comfort
- Made by Pendleton Woolen Mills in Oregon
- Graphics designed in-house at Filson with officially-licensed Smokey images
- Whip-stitched edges add durability
- Limited-edition, limited quantities available