The $999 Alpine Restyle i207-WRA Jeep JK Head Unit is Alpine’s entry level offering in the jeep Wrangler “Restyle” line of multimedia head units. The i207-WRA is the easiest of the three restyle head units to install as it fits in the existing radio cut out versus the units with the 9″ screen that require an included custom center dash trim (Alpine X209-WRA-OR, Alpine i209-WRA).
The i207-WRA includes the iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR which is required to retain use the factory unit steering wheel controls and U-Connect. The i207-WRA also takes the same accessories as it’s more expensive siblings. The Alpine KAC-001 External Accessory Control Module which lets you control items like winches and lights while the KCX-C250MC multi-camera interface allows you to install up to three cameras on your Jeep.
Bottom Line: If you hate the Jeep factory radio, want to take advantage of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto don’t care about the unit not being weatherproof the i207-WRA might be exactly what you want.
Alpine Restyle i207-WRA Head Unit 7″ Restyle Mech-Less In-Dash System For Jeep® Wrangler JK
The 7″ i207-WRA Mechless Audio/Video Receiver with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capabilities optimizes your main smartphone features
- 7″ capacitive touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- Designed for 2007-18 Jeep Wrangler JK
- Built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Includes all installation parts
- Includes iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR module (requires Windows PC for programming)
- Retains factory features, including steering wheel controls and Uconnect
- Displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Built-in HD Radio tuner
- Compatible with Accessory Control module (KAC-001, sold separately)
- Rear camera compatible
- Swipe to the Left to access the Audio and Video commands. Within the Audio and Video screen, you can swipe across to access all your entertainment sources (such as HD Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Bluetooth audio streaming, etc.)
- Swipe Down to access the adjustment settings to the Audio system or Rear Seat Entertainment system (sold separately)
- Swipe Up to access Bluetooth and Source Selection
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto give you access to popular apps such as:
- Waze: (via Android Auto only) The world’s largest community based traffic and navigation app
- Spotify: A digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs
- Amazon Music, and more
- EVIC Cluster Display (If Equipped)
- Media Player (If Equipped)
- Tire Pressure Information
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology with Voice Commands (If Equipped)
- Steering Wheel Controls (If Equipped)
- Parking Sensor Integration
- Engine Light Trouble Codes with Reset Function
- Customizable On-screen Vehicle Information
- Audio Sources (HD Radio™, Pandora®, iPod®, SiriusXM, HDMI/DVD, AUX)
- Navigation Commands (Favorite Destinations, Quick Place Search, Categories)
- Phone Settings (Most-dialed Contacts)
The i207-WRA “Works with Apple CarPlay” and lets iPhone users make and receive calls, access text messages, play music, and get directions in a way that allows them to stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay is accessed through the capacitive touch screen or the mic button to activate Siri voice control and is compatible with iPhone 5 and later (iPhone must be connected via Apple lightning cable).
The i207-WRA includes Android Auto and works with the Google Assistant (requires both a USB cable and Bluetooth® connection; requires an Android™ phone running 5.0 [Lollipop] or higher and the Android Auto app). To access the Google Assistant on Android Auto, say “OK Google” or select the mic button. Google Assistant in Android Auto allows users to play their favorite music, get driving directions to their destination, interact with smart home devices and reply to text messages – hands free.
Legacy File Compatibility
The i207-WRA is compatible with the add-on DVE-5300 CD/DVD Player (sold separately) which can be mounted remotely in the vehicle. So if you have content living on CDs and DVDs, rest assured that you can still enjoy your CD music for your drives and access the DVDs in your vehicle while parked. The DVE-5300 can playback these formats: CD audio, MP3, WMA, MPEG2 AAC, MPEG4 AAC, WAV, DVD Video and Video CD.
Custom-fit audio for your Jeep
Alpine’s i207-WRA digital multimedia receiver brings smartphone connectivity to your 2007-17 Jeep Wrangler. With a big 7″ diagonal display, this feature-packed performer fits perfectly into your Jeep, bringing you built-in Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, HD Radio™, and plenty of inputs.
Designed for your Wrangler
The included Alpine Restyle package accommodates the i207-WRA in pretty much every 2007-up Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited model. This package contains a dash kit that replaces the section of your dash and houses the receiver, along with wiring adapters that plug directly into the factory electronics and wiring. Alpine even includes an iDatalink module that allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls and the Jeep Uconnect® features you’ve grown fond of. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, we’ll tell you if this Jeep kit fits.
Factory functionality meets aftermarket style
The dash kit doesn’t exactly replicate your Jeep’s dash, but it does offer the same features. It comes with custom keys that match lighting, color, shape, and style of the factory keys, and it also lets you keep your climate controls. Buttons below the 7″ display offer easy access to commonly used functions, and you’ll even retain your Jeep’s 12-volt ports.
Built-in Bluetooth allows you to use the i207-WRA for hands-free calling and music streaming through your compatible phone. Big touchscreen buttons make tuning and volume adjustment a snap, and the external microphone lets you enjoy crystal-clear conversations.
Easy access to essential features
The receiver’s “Favorites” button gives you quick access to frequently used features, like radio stations, phone numbers, destinations, sound settings, and anything else you’ll want “right now”. One touch adds your choice directly to the favorites menu.
Those favorites are tied to your phone’s Bluetooth profile, so the i207-WRA brings them up automatically when you get into your Jeep. You can have two user profiles tied to the stereo, with up to 80 favorites per user spread across 10 touchscreen pages. When the stereo detects two users at the same time, it can offer split-screen access to both users’ favorites.
A big, versatile display
If you’re a little bit old-school, you’ll really appreciate the side buttons that get you right into functions like favorites, navigation, phone access, and sound settings without going through menu screens. You can create a custom top source banner that shows the sources you use most often, so you won’t have to scroll through anything to choose a source. You can also use split-screen sound tuning to adjust the sonic controls and change tracks at the same time.
Enjoy fingertip control
The 7″ display features capacitive touchscreen control, similar to your smartphone or tablet. You can pinch-to-zoom your maps for a better view, or enlarge or shrink album artwork as you please with your fingers. It employs 4-way movement on the screen, so you’re always one swipe away from your favorite functions. Swipe left for navigation, right for A/V commands, up for audio or rear-seat entertainment options, and down for Bluetooth and source selection.
HD Radio, SiriusXM, and more
The i207-WRA offers a multitude of entertainment options:
• HD Radio reception: You’ll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you’ll see station and song info on the screen.
• Pandora® Internet radio: Pandora fans will enjoy touchscreen control over their stations, including thumbs up and down, bookmarks, and station lists. Just plug your iPhone® into the USB port or use the Bluetooth connection with your Android™ device.
• iPhone and iPod® control: Browsing for your favorite songs is simple and concise, thanks to an intuitive touchscreen interface and the huge display. You can check out song title, artist info, and album art with a quick glance at the big screen.
• Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
The i207-WRA also features an MHL-compatible HDMI input, allowing you to connect most compatible Android smartphones and devices. With the correct HDMI cable connected, you’ll be able to view video content from your phone or a portable Blu-ray Disc™ player on the Alpine’s screen while parked.
Connect up to three cameras
You can also connect up to three cameras with the optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface so you can see more of what’s around your vehicle when you’re roaring through the dirt or getting in and out of tight spots.
Control your aftermarket accessories
If you’ve tricked out your Jeep with hard-core off-road add-ons, Alpine’s got you covered. The optional Truck Accessory Controller enables simple system expansion, allowing touchscreen command of up to eight electrical devices like winches, LED lights, interior lights, suspension kits, tire inflators, and differential locks. You can customize the onscreen icons and button labels, so you’ll be able to access your devices with ease.
Preset EQ settings to suit your Jeep
Alpine’s audio engineers have loaded special Sound Parameters Settings into this receiver for all the vehicles covered by Restyle packages. You pick the one that matches your Jeep to get sound that’s custom-EQ’d and time-corrected for your vehicle’s acoustics.
Shareable sound control
With Alpine’s TuneIt app, you can use your phone’s touchscreen to make the changes to the 9-band parametric equalizer, crossover, and time correction. You can then share your system and settings with other TuneIt users, and see what they’ve done as well. You can link your TuneIt account to your Facebook account and get notifications through social media.
Siri® Eyes Free for non-distracted driving
Got an iPhone with Siri? This receiver supports Siri Eyes Free, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through your Alpine receiver, without any visual distractions from your Apple® device.
iDatalink Maestro included
The i207-WRA offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to an iDatalink Maestro interface. You’ll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, and safety warning chimes, if present. The iDatalink adapter also lets you tap into your Jeep’s diagnostic port, so you can check out expanded functionality including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure monitor on the Alpine’s screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital media receiver with 7″ capacitive touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- custom-fit receiver designed for select 2007-17 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- includes Alpine Restyle package with all installation parts
- includes iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR module (requires Windows PC for programming)
- retains factory features, including steering wheel controls
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in iPod and iPhone control (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps)
- Siri Eyes Free control with select iPhones
- Pandora control with iPhone
- built-in Android control
- Pandora control via Bluetooth connection
- MHL-compatible HDMI cable required for viewing video content from compatible Android devices
- FLAC, MP3, WMA, AAC music playback via USB
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt App Ver 2.0 for sonic profile settings and adjustments through your smartphone
- 9-band parametric EQ
- time correction
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- compatible with Alpine’s PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with optional Truck Accessory Controller and Multi-Camera Selector Interface
- inputs: MHL-compatible HDMI input, rear A/V input (minijack), rear USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear HDMI output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # i207-WRA
What’s in the box:
- Alpine iLX-207:
- Digital media receiver w/ integrated 7″ touchscreeen
- Pre-out harness
- Camera input adapter
- 5′ USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 8′ cable terminated by proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5′ cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector)
- Visor clip
- Two-sided tape
- 4 Pan-head screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk screws (M5x8mm)
- HDMI connector clamp
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- Quick Reference Guide
- Online Product Registration Card
- “To Customers” note
- iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Main harness
- Antenna adapter
- OEM USB adapter
- USB flashing cable
- SAT radio antenna adapter
- OBDII harness
- Power/ground harness
- Alpine WRA-i207-BKT:
- 2 Side mounting brackets
- Alpine WRA-i207-RSB:
- Rear support bracket
- Installation Manual
- Read Before Installation note
- Warranty Notification