$1999 Alpine i209-WRA In-Dash Restyle System
Made just for your Jeep
This rugged, feature-packed Alpine i209-WRA digital multimedia receiver brings smartphone connectivity and all-weather performance to your 2011-18 Jeep Wrangler JK. With a huge 9″ diagonal display, built-in Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, HD Radio™, and plenty of inputs, this high-tech, weather-resistant receiver fits perfectly in your Jeep, and it performs as well as it looks.
Fits right in
The included Alpine Restyle package accommodates the i209-WRA in pretty much every 2011-18 JK Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited model. This package contains a dash kit that replaces the section of your dash and houses the receiver, along with wiring adapters that plug directly into the factory electronics and wiring. Alpine even includes an iDatalink module that allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls and the Jeep Uconnect® features you’ve grown fond of. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, we’ll tell you if this Jeep kit fits.
Your Jeep is designed for off-road use, and so is this receiver. The bezel and WVGA touchscreen are splash-proof and dust-proof, so you can drop the top and head into the wilderness without worrying about your receiver succumbing to the elements.
Factory functionality and aftermarket style
The dash kit doesn’t replicate your Jeep’s dash, but it does offer the same features. It comes with custom keys that match lighting, color, shape, and style of the factory keys, and it also lets you keep your climate controls. Big buttons along the sides of the 9″ display offer easy access to commonly used functions, and you’ll even retain your Jeep’s 12-volt ports.
Built-in Bluetooth allows you to use the i209-WRA for hands-free calling and music streaming through your compatible phone. Big touchscreen buttons make tuning and volume adjustment a snap, and the external microphone lets you enjoy crystal-clear conversations.
Quick access to cool features
The receiver’s “Favorites” button gives you quick access to frequently used features, like radio stations, phone numbers, destinations, sound settings, and anything else you’ll want “right now”. One touch adds your choice directly to the favorites menu.
Those favorites are tied to your phone’s Bluetooth profile, so the i209-WRA brings them up automatically when you get into your Jeep. You can have two user profiles tied to the stereo, with up to 80 favorites per user spread across 10 touchscreen pages. When the stereo detects two users at the same time, it can offer split-screen access to both users’ favorites.
If you’re a little old-school, you’ll really appreciate the side buttons that get you right into functions like favorites, navigation, phone access, and sound settings without going through menu screens. You can create a custom top source banner that shows the sources you use most often, so you won’t have to scroll through anything to choose a source. You can also use split-screen sound tuning to adjust the sonic controls and change tracks at the same time.
The 9″ display features capacitive touchscreen control, similar to your smartphone or tablet. You can pinch-to-zoom your maps for a better view, or enlarge or shrink album artwork as you please with your fingers. It employs 4-way movement on the screen, so you’re always one swipe away from your favorite functions. Swipe left for navigation, right for A/V commands, up for audio or rear-seat entertainment options, and down for Bluetooth and source selection.
The i209-WRA comes ready to play with a multitude of entertainment options:
• HD Radio reception: You’ll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you’ll see station and song info on the screen.
• Pandora® Internet radio: Pandora fans will enjoy touchscreen control over their stations, including thumbs up and down, bookmarks, and station lists. Just plug your iPhone® into the USB port or use the Bluetooth connection with your Android™ device.
• iPhone and iPod® control: Browsing for your favorite songs is simple and concise, thanks to an intuitive touchscreen interface and the huge display. You can check out song title, artist info, and album art with a quick glance at the big screen.
• Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
The i209-WRA also features an MHL-compatible HDMI input, allowing you to connect most compatible Android smartphones and devices. With the correct HDMI cable connected, you’ll be able to view video content from your phone or a portable Blu-ray Disc™ player on the Alpine’s screen while parked. You also keep your front auxiliary input through the dash kit and get a rear USB port, plus a rear A/V input and output.
Connect up to three cameras
You can also connect up to three cameras with the optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface so you can see more of what’s around your vehicle when getting in and out of tight spots.
Play with your Jeep’s coolest features
If you’ve tricked out your Jeep with add-ons, Alpine’s got you covered. The optional Truck Accessory Controller enables simple system expansion, allowing touchscreen command of up to eight electrical devices like winches, LED lights, interior lights, suspension kits, tire inflators, and differential locks. You can customize the onscreen icons and button labels, so you’ll be able to access your devices with ease.
Preset EQ settings for your Jeep
Alpine’s audio engineers have loaded special Sound Parameters Settings into this receiver for all the vehicles covered by Restyle packages. You pick the one that matches your Jeep to get sound that’s custom-EQ’d and time-corrected for your vehicle’s acoustics.
Enhanced sonic controls
With Alpine’s TuneIt app, you can use your phone’s touchscreen to make the changes to the 9-band parametric equalizer, crossover, and time correction. You can then share your system and settings with other TuneIt users, and see what they’ve done as well. You can link your TuneIt account to your Facebook account and get notifications through social media.
Siri® Eyes Free for non-distracted driving
Got an iPhone with Siri? This receiver supports Siri Eyes Free, which means you can ask Siri to make calls, select and play music, compose and hear text messages, read notifications, even use maps and get directions — all commanded by your voice through your Alpine receiver, without any visual distractions from your Apple® device.
iDatalink Maestro included
The i209-WRA offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module. You’ll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, safety warning chimes, and Uconnect®, if present. The iDatalink adapter also lets you tap into your Jeep’s diagnostic port, so you can check out expanded functionality including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure monitor on the Alpine’s screen.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Installation note: You will have to make some modifications to your vehicle to install this Alpine receiver. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see more details in the “Read before you buy” note.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital media receiver with 9″ touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- custom-fit receiver designed for select 2011-18 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- splash-proof and dust-proof touchscreen and bezel (IP53-rated)
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- includes Alpine Restyle package with all installation parts
- includes an iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR module
- retains factory features, including steering wheel controls and Uconnect
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- built-in iPod and iPhone control
- Siri Eyes Free control with select iPhones
- Pandora control with iPhone
- built-in Android control
- Pandora control via Bluetooth connection
- MHL-compatible HDMI cable required for viewing video content from compatible Android devices
- FLAC, MP3, WMA, AAC music playback via USB
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt App Ver 2.0 for sonic profile settings and adjustments through your smartphone
- 9-band parametric EQ
- time correction
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- compatible with Alpine’s PXA-H800 IMPRINT audio processor
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with optional Truck Accessory Controller and Multi-Camera Selector Interface
- inputs: MHL-compatible HDMI input, rear USB input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: rear A/V output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # i209-WRA
What’s in the box:
Alpine i209-WRA In-Dash Restyle System owner’s manual
- Alpine i209-WRA:
- Display unit
- Source unit
- Display power harness
- 12″ Display cable
- 5′ USB extension cable
- Pre-out harness
- Camera input adapter
- GPS antenna (attached 8′ cable terminated by proprietary connector)
- HDMI connector bracket with screw
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- 3 Self-adhesive clips
- 12 Screws
- Anti-vibration foam pad
- Quick Reference Guide
- Installation Manual
- “Read Before Installation” note
- Online Product Registration
- Alpine Notification
- “To Customers” note
- Alpine GTX-i209-WRA Kit:
- Dash kit
- 2 Display Mounting brackets
- 2 Side mounting brackets
- GPS antenna bracket
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5″ cable)
- Mic bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Alpine ALP–HRN-WRA2
- iDatalink Maestro RR radio replacement interface module (ALP-MRR)
- Main harness
- Antenna adapter
- OEM USB adapter
- USB flashing cable
- SAT radio antenna adapter
- OBDII harness
- Power/ground harness
Visit Alpine USA