I decided it was time to retire my everyday shoes a pair of Bates Footwear GX-8 Desert Composite Toe work boots in favor of something much more comfortable, a pair of Oboz Sawtooth II Low Hiking Shoes. $110 at Amazon. Talk about a drastic turn in direction. Look for a review to follow.
Oboz Sawtooth II Low Hiking Shoes
The MVP of your most trail-worthy quiver, the Sawtooth II brings another level of streamlined functionality to the trail with breathable mesh paneling, a lighter weight but equally sturdy heel counter, and an asymmetrical collar for improved fit around the ankle. Enjoy the unbeatable comfort and performance of a shoe designed to go mile-for-mile with you on your favorite outdoor pursuits.
O FIT Insole™
Rubber Heel Counter
These counters help shoes maintain a snug, comfortable heel hold over time.
Standard Width – Men’s standard width is C in the heel and D in the forefoot (according to Brannock Device®). Patterns and materials in a given model may influence fit. We always recommend trying our footwear on to ensure the best possible fit.
Standard Shoe — Medium volume feet tend to be standard width with some combinations of high and/or low arches and a high and/or low instep.
Wide Shoe — High volume feet tend to be wide with high arches and a high instep, or a combination of these. If you have bunions you may consider a high volume shoe.
- Nubuck leather & highly abrasion-resistant textile
- 3D molded heel counter
M9(1/2 PR): 15.6 oz./442 grams
- Nubuck leather uppers and breathable, moisture-wicking nylon mesh liners combine protection and breathability to keep your feet dry and comfortable
- O FIT Insoles™ offer exceptional fit, feel and performance
- Dual-density EVA midsoles provide cushioning while keeping feet light and agile
- Nylon shanks offer protection underfoot, increasing surefootedness on varied terrain
- Heel counters crafted of abrasion-resistant textile and rubber increase comfort
- Protective toe overlays protect against abrasion
- Asymmetric collars articulate with ankle motion, accommodating for unique ankle bone locations
- High-friction, non-marking rubber outsoles grip in all directions thanks to the toothy side lugs and directional lugs underfoot
- Oboz plants a tree for every pair of shoes sold, in partnership with Trees for the Future
1 lb. 15.2 oz.