Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots
You read the title right, I bought a pair of mens, size 12 Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots for $37 at REI and talk about perfect timing! As you may recall a few months back, April 2019, I bought a pair of Oboz Sawtooth II Low Hiking Shoes for more every day shoes. I have worn the Sawtooth II’s every day weather permitting of course. Lately I was thinking though it was time to get something different for fall. I know what your thinking, this guys is concerned about fall fashion, well no I’m not. As we roll into September my feet have been getting wet while walking the dog or during early morning hikes. Basically the morning dew goes through the mesh top of the Oboz Sawtooth II Low Hiking Shoes, this is because I intentionally did not buy the “BDry” version, now my toes “BWet”.
Well as luck would have it I received a promotional email from REI for 50% of select items this labor day weekend. While many items caught my attention it was the $210 Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots for Men on sale for $104.99 that stood out (ladies is the same). Initially I thought to myself this is too good to be true, they will never have size 12 available but that was not the case. While I shouldn’t have been hesitant because I wanted, needed these hiking boots I didn’t really have $104.99 to spend. We have been on a bad luck spree with vet bills lately and in fact Friday Willow is getting a tooth extracted at a cost of nearly $700.
But wait, then it hit me, I remembered I had my $77.85 REI Dividends available still and I could apply them towards this order. I did just that, and after taxes, free shipping I bought the Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots – Mens for $37. Perhaps if I’m lucky I will have them for my trip to Franconia New Hampshire later this month.
Technically I could use these boots or the Oboz Sawtooth Mid BDry Waterproof Mens Hiking Boots for hiking and day to day but truth be told I like buying boots. Hmm maybe I will dress accordingly for fall fashion after all.
It should be noted that the Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots are actually considered backpacking boots and due to that can carry a heavier load than a boot like the Sawtooth.
Lastly stay tuned for an informal real world, honest review Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots in the coming weeks.
Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots
Trekking down a trail for a few days takes you to a place of solace few other activities can match. Get there in the Oboz Men’s Wind River III B-Dry Backpacking Boot, and arrive with your foot ready to take on the next day. A waterproof, breathable, B-Dry membrane seals out moisture from rain or puddles without sealing in your sweat. This boot boasts an asymmetrical chassis that helps your ankle resist rolling without limiting the flexibility of the boot where you need it. An EVA midsole absorbs the additional impact of your loaded pack coming down on your foot, minimizing energy loss so you can keep crushing miles on the trail. The Wind River outsole is not only grippy on all sorts of terrain, but it’s also based on a topo map of the Wind River mountain range which makes it that much cooler.
- Boots for backpacking or hiking under load
- Waterproof B-Dry membrane seals out precipitation
- Nubuck leather and textile resist abrasions
- EVA midsole absorbs impact as you hike
- TPU chassis provides stability
- Wind River outsole grips varied surfaces
- Item #OBZ001I
Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots Features
- Waterproof nubuck leather uppers feature abrasion-resistant nylon mesh panels for just the right combination of breathability and protection
- BDry™ waterproof, breathable membranes keep soggy elements out while letting water vapor escape, keeping your feet cool and comfortable
- Asymmetrical chassis acts as an integrated shank, flexing where needed, and offers exceptional lateral support to prevent ankle rolling
- Lightweight polyurethane pods in heels soak up impact and provide long-lasting comfort
- EVA foam midsoles in the forefoot provide cushioning
- Proprietary O FIT™ insoles add supportive arches and deep cushioning heel cups for stability and comfort
- Deep 4.5mm directional lugs grip terrain on the way up while providing exceptional traction for braking on the way down
- Dual-zone lacing provides a secure fit
- Molded rubber toe cap protects uppers from abrasion
- Board-lasted construction delivers a sturdy underfoot feel
- 15mm heel rise
Oboz Wind River III BDry Hiking Boots Technical Specs
Polyurethane heel/EVA forefoot
Asymmetrical TPU chassis
3 lb. 4 oz.